DUNN COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION, INC.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
JANUARY 18, 2010
PRESENT: Dave Moore, Larry Lapp, Paul Jacobson, Al Finder, Scott Sinz, Bob Kistner, Mike Lauer, Helmuth Albrecht, Mike Kistner, Wayne Wilson, Joel Radke, Chad Mogen
1. Motion made by Paul Jacobson and seconded by Al Finder to approve annual funding requests with the addition of $250 to the Downsville Sportsman’s Club. Motion Carried. In addition, Dave Moore will send out a letter to the Colfax Sportsman’s Club and the Boyceville Rifle Range to see if they need any financial support and if so, what kind.
2. Discussion on required ticket sales. Motion made by Larry Lapp and seconded by Al Finder to require the sale of 2 ticket books each for Fall Banquet, and Ice Fishing Contest; and 1 ticket book for each Bar Raffle to qualify for pheasants. Motion Carried.
3. Discussed Committee Chair term limits, appointments and fund raising.
4. Motion made by Scott Sinz and seconded by Paul Jacobson to bring up at the January Regular Meeting the need for 2 co-chairs for the Youth Committee and possible appointment of co-chairs from the Annual Member Form. Motion Carried.
5. Reviewed Annual Committee Reports. Only 2 reports submitted. This will be brought to the Regular Meeting.
6. Discussion on increased participation at Harmon Suppers. Tabled for next meeting.
7. Discussion on promoting building rental. Paul Jacobson will check on yearly prices for newspaper ad rates. A suggestion was made to announce over the PA system at the Ice Fishing Contest about Harmon Suppers and other events. Discussion tabled for next meeting.
8. Heard a report regarding the last Bar/Gun Raffle. Raffle made a profit of $888. (Raised $1295 - $400 for gun - $7.00 for tickets). Discussion on starting the next raffle before the next event. Motion made by Al Finder and seconded by Bob Kistner to hold a tri-annual drawing (Jan, May, Sept). If raffle sells out before drawing date, a new drawing would begin. Motion Carried.
9. Motion made by Scott Sinz and seconded by Paul Jacobson to start next Bar/Gun Raffle and have 2 guns a Ruger 25-06 and Remington 870 youth 20 ga. 500 tickets will be made and sold for $5.00 each or 5/$20. Drawing to be held on May 24th meeting at 8:30 p.m. Motion Carried.
10. Motion made by Paul Jacobson and seconded by Bob Kistner to sponsor a Corn Beef and Cabbage dinner on March 17th from 5-7:30 p.m. and a Pancake Breakfast to be sent at a later date. $400 will be given for each event. Dave Moore will coordinate the Corn Beef dinner and Al May will coordinate the Pancake Breakfast. Motion Carried.
A request to hold splatter paint wedding reception. Table for more information.
Motion made by Paul Jacobson and seconded by Dave Moore to reimburse Wayne Wilson $125 for the purchase of an OPEN sign, table and 2 stools. Motion Carried.
Received a 3 quotes for 5000 envelopes w/logo from Pat Wilson $200; Quick Print $225 and Knaack’s $450. Motion made by Larry Lapp and seconded by Al Finder to order from Pat Wilson. Motion Carried.
Discussed Bartender assignments. Paul should assign the 6 licensed bartenders on a rotation.
Discussed committee work meeting, times meetings are held, equal opportunity for all members.
Discussed alarm system. Will talk to distributor.
Discussed board meetings procedures. Members are welcome to come and listen. Discussed the possibility of having member comments at the start of each meeting.
Adjourned 9:33 p.m.
DUNN COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION, INC.
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
JANUARY 28, 2010
CALL TO ORDER
President Dave Moore called the meeting to order.
SECRETARY’S REPORT-BRIDGET SCHROEDER
A reading of the minutes was waived due to them being published in the newsletter, email and posted on the website Al Finder moved and Mike Benzel seconded a motion to accept the minutes as printed in the newsletter. Motion carried.
TREASURER’S REPORT-HELMUTH ALBRECHT
Duke Holmberg moved and Curt Hagberg seconded a motion to accept the treasurer's report. Motion carried.
Thank you from Dave Kraft
Thank you from Myrna Frank
Article in BRIDGES Newsletter
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE REPORT-DAVE MOORE
President Dave Moore presented the Executive Committee Report
DNR REPORT-JESS CARSTEN
The spring turkey drawing is complete. You can check the website to find out if you were chosen. Deer killed this gun season was down 17%, less than state average. Acorn Fund is around $5,000. There is a Bill on road kill animals; you get if you kill, instead of selling animal.
DUNN COUNTY CONSERVATION ALLIANCE REPORT-SCOTT SINZ
The Sheriff Department or Police Departments want to use the rifle range for shooting practice but haven’t been to the range to check it out. Stolpa closed police range. Duke Holmberg suggested we keep the area landowners informed of this and have it posted in newspaper, website. Disable Fish is scheduled for June 19, 2010.
WISCONSIN CONSERVATION CONGRESS REPORT-
Spring Hearings April 12
In need of some jig poles for fishing contest. If interested in becoming a mentor there will be a mentor training in Wausau on February 19th and 20th. See Mike Lauer if interested.
Fruit basket to Dave Frank
All scholarships paid out. Net balance in account $41,401.
RIFLE RANGE & HUNTER SAFETY-DUKE HOLMBERG
There was $43 in range box. Hunter’s Education begins February 23rd. Call 232-1664 to sign up. There will be training at the rifle range on February 27th at 12:00 for new range marshalls.
HUNTER’S AGAINST HUNGER-RON FRY
2500 lbs total donations. It was suggested that next year have a poster made where we register deer and at the ranges, to donate along with Ron Fry’s and Joel Radtke’s phone number.
LEGISLATIVE – MIKE BENZEL
Road to the cut off not plowed-Development co went bankrupt
Bagging corn at Doane’s on January 31
H. GILBERT CREEK-GARY BUSS
No news on Trainer property
I. ICE FISHING CONTEST-DAVE MOORE
Meetings on February 1, and February 8 at 7:00. Work meeting on February 12 at 6:00. Please turn in your prizes as soon as possible. Please keep selling tickets.
J. FISH CRIBS-DAVE PECHMILLER
Logs are here, holes need to drilled. Work meeting February 6 at 9:00 a.m. Motion from Wayne Wilson and seconded by Paul Jacobson to pay $850 to Stainer Logging for the logs. Motion Carried
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS-MYRON SILER
L. BAR MANAGEMENT-PAUL JACOBSON
M. FALL BANQUET-HELMUTH ALBRECHT
Next meeting February 1st . Banquet scheduled for August 21, 2010
N. MEMBERSHIP-WAYNE WILSON
4 new members
Nomination from Duke Holmberg and seconded by Mike Benzel for Bonnie Hagburg to take over these duties. Rod Finder will also help out. Motion Carried.
Cook book is back on track. Please keep sending your recipes to email@example.com.
Motion made by Bob Stratton and seconded by Paul Jacobson to require the sale of 2 ticket books each for Fall Banquet, and Ice Fishing Contest; and 1 ticket book for each Bar Raffle to qualify for pheasants. A ballot vote was taken. 22 YES votes, 36 NO votes. Motion denied.
Discussion on possibly forming a small committee to set up an incentive program or tier membership.
Motion made by Larry Lapp and seconded by Duke Holmberg to sponsor a 12 week, 2x2 advertisement in the Eau Claire Leader for $132 to help promote building rentals. Motion Carried.
January 31-Bag corn for pheasants at Doane’s
January 31-Antique Show
February 1-Ice Fishing Contest mtg 7:00 p.m.
February 1-Banquet mtg
February 6-Fish Cribs 9:00 a.m.
February 8-Ice Fishing Contest mtg 7:00 p.m.
February 12-Ice Fishing Contest mtg 6:00 p.m.
February 13-Ice Fishing Contest
February 18-Executive Committee mtg 7:00 p.m.
February 22-Regular Meeting 7:00 p.m.
Pheasant Sponsor Hunt- (Forest Ridge in Glenwood)- Jess Carsten
NRA Membership-Paul Jacobson
Pheasant Banquet- Al Finder
Mike Benzel made a motion to adjourn the meeting and Martha Stratton seconded. Motion carried