DUNN COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION, INC.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 14, 2011
PRESENT: Dave Moore, Larry Lapp, Bob Kistner, Mike Kistner, Wayne Wilson, Helmuth Albrecht, Chad Mogan, Mike Lauer, Len Frank, Scott Seston, Scott Sinz, Heather Kistner
1. Rob Finder talked about leftovers being used for meeting nights. Motion made by Scott Sinz and seconded by Heather Kistner to clean out the leftovers in the refrigerator at his discretion. Also label and date all containers. Notice to be posted on the freezer. Motion Carried.
2. Conference call with F/A about Life Membership fund. Motion made by Chad Mogen and seconded by Scott Seston to change to an endowment fund. Wayne will check into this. Motion Carried.
3. Motion made by Bob Kistner and seconded by Scott Seston to increase Life membership fee to $250 for 55 and over and $350 for those younger. Motion Carried.
4. Tabled proposal of Treasurer’s position.
5. Amendment to liquor license to include outdoors. Bob Kistner will take care of this.
6. Safe for Bar. Larry will look into prices for a drop safe and if it can be purchased locally. Tabled for further information.
7. Motion made by Heather Kistner and seconded by Wayne Wilson to donated $25 to the Excellence in Education Banquet. Motion Carried.
8. Motion made by Scott Sinz and seconded by Chad Mogen to donate $25 to the MHS Senior Appreciation Night. Motion Carried.
9. Motion made by Scott Sinz and seconded by Heather Kistner to invite committee chairs to the next executive committee meeting to discuss job descriptions.
10. Motion made by Scott Sinz and seconded by Len Frank to give key to safe to Banquet Chair and to rotate to Ice Fishing Contest Chair.
11. Copier/Printer needs to be replace, this item has been tabled until more information can be provided. Len Frank will check into this.
12. Other: Pookie will contact Tim Pease to see if Brittany can internship with the website. Motion made by Scott Seston and seconded by Scott Sinz to remove the top three lines of the rental contract to remove the clean-up lines. Motion Carried.
A motion was made by Bob Kistner and seconded by Len Frank to adjourn at 9:48 p.m. Motion Carried.
DUNN COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION, INC.
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
CALL TO ORDER
President Larry Lapp called the meeting to order.
SECRETARY’S REPORT-BRIDGET SCHROEDER
A reading of the minutes was waived due to them being published in the newsletter, email and posted on the website Dave Moore moved and Scott Seston seconded a motion to accept the minutes as printed in the newsletter. Motion carried.
TREASURER’S REPORT-HELMUTH ALBRECHT
Reading of the treasurers was given. Bar & Building account total revenues $6,593.75 total expenses $4,077.29; Total general account revenues $15,059.00 total expenses $9,415.79. Les Kuesel moved and Curt Hagberg seconded a motion to accept the treasurer's report. Motion carried.
Thank You from – Bob Wilson
Thank You from – Wayne Wilson
Email from Jody Gibson – regarding incorrect spelling of Whitey Stewart on web site and if you have any pictures please send them to her.
Aldo Leopold banquet support of $150
Statement from Natural Resources Foundation $12, 613.14
Email from John Welter
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE REPORT-LARRY LAPP
President Larry Lapp presented the Executive Committee Report
DNR REPORT- JESS CARSTEN
Annual Deer meeting presented by the DNR will be March 19 from 9-11
Left over turkey tags will go on sale March 21st.
Bear study if interested in placing bait, please sign up.
DUNN COUNTY CONSERVATION ALLIANCE REPORT-SCOTT SINZ
All meetings that have been attended, items have been tabled.
WISCONSIN CONSERVATION CONGRESS REPORT-RUSS HITZ
April 11th 7:00 p.m. is the annual meeting. See Al Marortz if you want to see the upcoming agenda.
FALL BANQUET – POOKIE ALBRECHT
Dave Moore, Bridget Schroeder and Pookie will be co-chairing. 4 prizes for the free raffle tickets. Jewelrey, Brownie Xbolt, Model 700, Remington CDL and $300 in Chamber Dollars. March 21st at 7:00 p.m.
YOUTH – JIM CLEVEN
80 kids at Ice Fishing contest, best raffle we have had. Things went very well. $28 in donations. March 21st at 7:00 to brainstorm new ideas.
SUNSHINE/MEMORIALS – ROBERT STRATTON
SCHOLARSHIP – WAYNE WILSON
Total balance as of February 28, 2011 $47,328. Selection for next candidate will be soon.
PHEASANTS – BOB KISTNER, SCOTT SESTON
Application. Bagging at Prochnows was canceled, will resechedule
RIFLE RANGE & HUNTER SAFETY-DUKE HOLMBERG
Range box $110. Next hunter education class begins tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. 93 shooters in January.
FISH CRIBS – DAVE PECHMILLER
10 cribs have been built. Thank you Bonnie for preparing the meal.
LEGISLATIVE/XCEL ENERGY – MIKE BENZEL
One-day fishing for non-resident $10, Residents $8. Deer management representative has moved on; do not know who the replacement will be. Excel has $16,00-17,000 in funds available. Mike has grant application.
ICE FISHING CONTEST - MIKE KISTNER & LES KUESEL
Ticket sales $8,200. 37 people sold tickets last year, 31 people sold tickets this year would like to see more people selling tickets. $15,479 before expenses. $9,611 Total net profit. March 7th next meeting at 7:00 p.m. Check the prize box
J. HARMON CHICKEN SUPPER – BOB DELONG/MIKE BENZEL
Need help passing out posters. March 7th 7:00 p.m.
K. BUILDINGS & GROUNDS – SCOTT SESTON
L. BAR MANAGEMENT – PAUL JACOBSON
M. MEMBERSHIP – WAYNE WILSON
Dave Leach, Paul Jacobson now LIFE members
KITCHEN-BONNIE HAGBERG/ROD FINDER
Membership does not mind eating left over. If you don’t like it, sign up to cook or go to McDonalds.
Q. BLUE BIRD HOUSES – STAN HUFTEL
Need some 2x4 or any other pieces of wood. River Heights and Downsville will be making blue bird houses this year.
R. HUNTER’S AGAINST HUNGER – RON FRY
Report from the NRA regarding total donations; 44 states participated and Wisconsin ranked #6. So even though are numbers were down, we still did well.
Increase Life membership dues $50 each level, effective, 2012. Wayne Wilson made the motion and Dave Moore seconded it. Life membership dues are being raised because of the increase in regular membership dues. Ballot vote 39 YES, 24 NO. Motion Carried.
Applications for sub custodian are now being accepted. Pay is $10 per hour. If you are interested, please submit a resume and fill out the application.
Donation of $150 to the Aldo Leopold Banquet, Roger Herman made the motion and Duke Holmberg seconded. Ballot vote 37 YES, 25 NO
March 1 Hunter Safety Class 6:00 p.m.
March 7 Harmon Supper Meeting 7:00 p.m.
March 7 Youth Committee Meeting 7:00 p.m.
March 7 Ice Fishing Wrap Up Meeting 7:00 p.m.
March 11 Eau Claire Gun Show
March 12 Eau Claire Gun Show
March 13 Eau Claire Gun Show
March 14 Executive Committee 7:00 p.m.
March 17 Bob Stratton’s St Paddies dinner 5:30-7:30
March 18 Trapper’s Education 6:00 p.m.
March 19 Trapper’s Education 9:00 a.m.
March 21 Fall Banquet 7:00 p.m.
March 25 Turkey Banquet 5:30 p.m.
March 27 Rifle Range Training 1:00 p.m.
March 28 Regular Meeting 7:00 p.m.
NRA Membership-Gene Lemke (donated to youth)
Turkey Banquet Ticket-Dave Pechmiller
Clutter Catcher-Dave Sundahl
Cargo Loks-Dave Moore
Dave Moore made a motion to adjourn the meeting and Mike Benzel seconded. Motion carried.