DUNN COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION, INC.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 25, 2011
PRESENT: Dave Moore, Larry Lapp, Bob Kistner, Mike Kistner, Wayne Wilson, Helmuth Albrecht, Len Frank, Scott Seston, Heather Kistner, Scott Sinz, Mike Lauer, Chad Mogen and Bridget Schroeder
1. Copy Machine – The manufacturer will guarantee parts for 7 years and a 30 day trial period. There was some discussion on leasing vs. purchasing. Purchasing is $400 cheaper. Although Bill’s Distributing has been very accommodating, it can some time take up to three weeks to get things printed that we need.
Heather Kistner made a motion to purchase the color printer, Len Frank seconded $3,250. Motion Carried.
2. Looked at several bids for a new safe. Scott Sinz made a motion and Bridget Schroeder seconded to purchase a new safe from ValuSafe for $799 and the club will remove and dispose of. Motion Carried.
3. A motion was made by Dave Moore and seconded by Heather Kistner to reinvest the Life Membership CD with Franklin Templeton. Motion Carried.
4. A motion was made by Scott Sinz and seconded by Heather Kistner to renew the clubs membership for another 5 years to the NRA. Motion Carried.
5. A request for funds from the Rob Schroeder Memorial Fund was received. Melanie Kubish has requested a donation due to an accident she suffered while roller skating. A motion was made by Pookie Albrecht and seconded by Bob Kistner to donate clubhouse for a benefit. After some discussion and a recommendation by Bridget Schroeder, Wayne Wilson made a motion and Chad Mogen seconded to donate $100 . Motion carried.
6. Sponsor raffle gun was won by a member at the Turkey Banquet and would like to the keep the gun, however we have an unwritten policy that if a member wins a sponsor prize, it should be given back to the Fish & Game because they are the one who sponsored the purchase. Mike Kistner made a motion and Dave Moore seconded to a make a policy on the sponsorship and attendees and how to handle if sponsor prize is won. Motion carried.
7. The fisher that Chad Mogen caught and had mounted that is used at the fair booth and is kept at the school forest has never been paid for. Chad Mogen made a motion and Pookie Albrecht seconded to pay Steve Severied$125 for mounting. Motion carried.
A motion was made Bob Kistner and seconded by Heather Kistner to adjourn at 6:45 p.m. Motion Carried.
DUNN COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION, INC.
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
April 25, 2011
CALL TO ORDER
President Larry Lapp called the meeting to order.
SECRETARY’S REPORT-BRIDGET SCHROEDER
A reading of the minutes was waived due to them being published in the newsletter, email and posted on the website Al Finder moved and Mike Benzel seconded a motion to accept the minutes as printed in the newsletter. With once exception: leftovers in the freezer, not refrigerator as reported in February Motion carried.
TREASURER’S REPORT-HELMUTH ALBRECHT
Reading of the treasurers was given. Bar & Building account total revenues $2,044.50 total expenses $1,767.29; Total general account revenues $1,563 total expenses $2,116.45. Duke Holmberg moved and Dave Moore seconded a motion to accept the treasurer's report. Motion carried.
Thank from Al Marotz
Request from Joyce Kubish for building donation
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE REPORT-LARRY LAPP
President Larry Lapp presented the Executive Committee Report
DNR REPORT- JESS CARSTEN
DUNN COUNTY CONSERVATION ALLIANCE REPORT-SCOTT SINZ
Fishing event will now include elderly it won’t be exclusive to the disabled. If you would will be willing to donate any fish that is caught between now and then, please call Scott Sinz so that we can have a shore lunch after the fishing event. Please sign up to work. May 17th is the showing of the film “Troubled Water”
WISCONSIN CONSERVATION CONGRESS REPORT-RUSS HITZ
The Annual meeting attendance was down. Mike Gullickson and Jim Thompson are the new delegates.
FALL BANQUET – POOKIE ALBRECHT
Next meeting is May 2nd at 7:00 p.m.
YOUTH – JIM CLEVEN
Continuing to work on “Learn to Hunt for Bear”. Please sign up to help out. If you know of someone that would be interested in participating in this, then they need to send in an essay to the Department of Natural Resources website. A motion was made by Jim Cleven to donate a minimum of $600 for baits the Youth Bear Hunt seconded by Holland Millar, motion carried.
SUNSHINE/MEMORIALS – ROBERT STRATTON
SCHOLARSHIP – WAYNE WILSON
Total balance as of March 28, 2011 $48,714.00. Recipient is Fallon Schwoch.
PHEASANTS – BOB KISTNER, SCOTT SESTON
Work meetings are scheduled for April 28, May 12, 19 & 25 at 5:00 p.m. The chicks will arrive on May 27th.
RIFLE RANGE & HUNTER SAFETY-DUKE HOLMBERG
Hunter Education graduated 39, over half were women. The Pistol Club purchased a gun safe for the Fish & Game. Range clean up is April 30th at 8:00 a.m.
FISH CRIBS – DAVE PECHMILLER
LEGISLATIVE/XCEL ENERGY – MIKE BENZEL
ICE FISHING CONTEST - MIKE KISTNER & LES KUESEL
J. HARMON CHICKEN SUPPER – BOB DELONG/MIKE BENZEL
Need help serving and working in the kitchen for tomorrow. Reservations seem to be working. Could be up to 150
K. BUILDINGS & GROUNDS – SCOTT SESTON
L. BAR MANAGEMENT – PAUL JACOBSON
M. MEMBERSHIP – WAYNE WILSON
Chad Mogen new Life Member
Look for new committee chair
Q. BLUE BIRD HOUSES – STAN HUFTEL
3 classes at River Heights and Knapp. Stan provided thank you notes from these school. Again thank you to Gene Lemke for all you do. A total of $14.00 for expenses was incurred; put together well over 100 blue bird houses.
R. HUNTER’S AGAINST HUNGER – RON FRY
June 16 – Youth Fishing at Herbie first group at 5:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Please call (715) 505-0725 for registration.
No new business
April 26 Harmon Supper 5:00 p.m.
April 28 Pheasant Pens 5:00 p.m.
April 29 Women’s Pheasant Banquet 5:00 p.m.
April 30 Rifle Range Clean Up 8:00 a.m.
May 2 Banquet Meeting 7:00 p.m.
May 3 ATV Safety
May 5 ATV Safety
May 10 ATV Safety
May 12 ATV Safety
May 17 “Trouble Water” Film 7:30 p.m
May 22 Rifle Range Open House
May 23 Executive Meeting 5:30 p.m.
May 23 Regular Meeting 7:00 p.m.
NRA Membership-Wayne Wilson
Blue Bird House-Curt Hagberg
Blue Bird House-Les Kuesel
Blue Bird House-Dan Warner
Blue Bird House-Rod Finder
Dave Kraft made a motion to adjourn the meeting and Mike Benzel seconded. Motion carried.